Custom Car Magnets vs. Discount Card Fundraiser
Choosing the right fundraiser for your school, sports team, church, or non-profit organization isn’t easy. There are plenty of options out there including custom car magnets fundraisers and discount card fundraisers.
If you’re considering one or both of these options, it’s a good idea to know how they stack up. One might be a better option for your organization, depending on your target market and how much money you’re trying to raise.
Let’s look at custom car magnets vs. discount cards as a fundraiser idea to see which one is the better choice for you.
Custom Car Magnets – Pros and Cons
There are many good reasons to choose a custom car magnet fundraiser for your organization. It’s one of the most popular options in today’s fundraising world. Here are the pros and cons of this type of fundraiser.
Pros of Custom Car Magnets
- Budget-friendly with a low upfront cost and low cost for the purchaser
- Design flexibility with custom shapes and any message you prefer
- Lower cost for higher quantity orders
- Last for a very long time
- Weather-resistant and designed to be used outdoors
- Won’t damage the vehicle they are placed on
- Easy to sell, especially with a good design
- Help spread awareness
- Very high-profit margin (easily double or triple your investment)
- Low minimum orders
Cons of Custom Car Magnets
- A poor design might make custom car magnets harder to sell
- Might have a limited audience, depending on the design
When you choose to run a custom car magnet fundraiser, you will be able to offer something at a low cost for supporters and they can help spread awareness for your organization. Since the magnet will be displayed on their vehicle, it becomes a small billboard driving around your community for months or even years to come.
Discount Cards – Pros and Cons
Another good fundraising idea is the discount card, which provides plenty of benefits. Here are the pros and cons of running a discount card fundraiser.
Pros of Discount Cards
- Help purchaser save money
- Easy to sell
- High-profit margin
- Can be customized to a specific type of activity or business
- Small and easily fit in a wallet
- No or low upfront cost
- Low minimum orders
Cons of Discount Cards
- You might have to find the merchants to be included on the card
- They expire after a year
- Unsold cards may or may not be accepted by merchants
- Some discount card fundraisers require order taking, which takes up more time
- Purchasers have to spend money to save money
While discount cards offer a good fundraising option, they do require the buyer to spend money with local businesses in order to save money and use the card. This might not be a big deal, but it could also limit your audience, depending on the merchants on the card.
Final Decision Between Custom Car Magnets vs Discount Cards
It’s not an easy decision when you need to choose the right fundraiser for your organization or group. Both custom car magnets and discount cards offer good options with high-profit margins. However, custom car magnets will never expire like discount cards.
If you prefer an easy sale that won’t require your purchasers to spend more money, custom car magnets are the right fundraiser for you. It’s a budget-friendly option with plenty of benefits for you and for the purchaser.